Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm not going to lie...


So I asked him why he resented me so much that he would cause all of this within the family and he replied, “I don’t, they ask me things and I just tell them, I’m not going to lie about anything.”

My two oldest nieces had a huge fight last week because of me, because I live in my father’s home and parts of the family have taken a pond themselves to make it their business. It doesn’t help that my father chooses to involve anyone that listen in on our daily lives. Things that go on in every home in United States of America, but not everyone have someone announcing it all.

My father has always been an enabler in every relationship he has had. If he is not able to enable then he doesn’t have the relationship. By being an enabler, then everyone else around him can and does pity him. I truly do not think my father could go on living if someone was not feeling sorry for him.

He comes from a different time and is a honorable man that will write you a check for any amount but would never pick up the phone to call you and ask how are you, I miss you or even I love you. Yes it is true, my father has never told me that he loves me, but that’s another blog.

Back to the girls, they had a huge fight because the oldest one voiced her unknowing opinion about our living arrangements, and the younger one voiced her knowing opinion (because she has been here every weekend for 3 months). The argument went on and on, but what I don’t understand is why?  Why does my father have to fuel the fire, why does he have to say things to Christy or Jimmy? Now all this talk and gossiping is now affecting the grandchildren.

So I asked him why he resented me so much that he would cause all of this within the family and he replied, “I don’t, they ask me things and I just tell them, I’m not going to lie about anything.” Then I said, “But Dad what about all the good things about us living here you never talk about that.” He said, “No, because there has never been one good thing about you living here”

As I walked away speechless and crying my eyes out I thought to myself, I promise to never treat my children like that, and then my second thought was how very much I miss my Mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment